Saturday, October 3, 2015

Photographer of the week (8)

Hal Moran
In my last post I mentioned two of my dads inspirational photographers, Ansel Adams and Hal Moran. Since I am already familiar with Ansel Adams work I challenged myself to learn more about Mr. Moran.
You can absolutely tell what is important to Hal by what he photographs most: nature, his daughters, and old cars. Many of his scenes are absolutely breathe taking and leave you speechless. A lot of his images are edited and made to look dreamy. While I think this works for some of his photos, I think it is a bit too much for others.
Source: www.halmoran.com





















1 comment:

  1. I am fascinated with the colors that are captured as well as the depth and effects he creates. Almost like a hazy "once was" feeling of a moment that was captured yet long passed. The way he brings out certain colors and has others fall by the wayside creates a very unique set of qualities in the photo, which is something that i try to recreate in my own images, though i haven't figured it out yet.

    ReplyDelete