Monday, May 2, 2016

Photographer of the Week 7

Benjamin Lowy

Benjamin Lowy is an American Photojournalist who is known for photographing scenes of conflict such as war zones or areas stuck by natural disasters.  He flocks to where most people flee. This is why he sticks out to me. He photographs these people and events not in a condemning way, just in a way that tells their story. He even came to Missouri during the riots to photograph the unrest in Ferguson.  I spent a lot of time on his website looking at all this compelling images. This man has seen a lot. I wept at some of his images as I saw the intense pain and fear he captured on many peoples' faces. 
Sources: http://www.benjaminlowy.com



































1 comment:

  1. Not sure if I ever told you this, but, Ben was an WU undergrad student that I TA-ed for in Camaron's graduating class.

    ReplyDelete